2.22.2010

I mean, come on, fashion kills. It should have a health warning, definitely.

"I started wearing veils like four weeks ago. It's great. It's less pretentious than sunglasses, but it's just like you don't have to wear any makeup, all you have to do is tie a piece of tulle around your head.," she explained. "It gives you that slight distance from things. Everything's a bit grainy, like a super-eight film. Sunglasses are great, but I always feel a bit pretentious wearing sunglasses. I mean, I do love to wear them. It's very funny because another friend of mine completely independently said, 'Oh my God, I've been going through a veil thing, too.'''That friend is not Lady Gaga, she confirmed. Guinness buys pieces of tulle and makes the veils herself, but she has no plans to sell them. "No! I'm not that commercial person. Are you kidding?" she said. "I mean, come on, fashion kills. It should have a health warning, definitely."
Daphne Guinness




She's a walking october 08 editorial in vogue italia, shot by Greg Lotus,which has sort of a black widow look
to it.The models are dressed in see-through black lace, chiffon, long evening gloves and parts of their faces are adorned with very elaborate and artistic paint.The photos have a sort of retro-modern, avant-garde, Gothic feel to them. I find them alluring, edgy and very very very attractive. 
x